- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
The George Washington Award
The Joint Committee of Faculty and Students accepted nominations for the 2015 George Washington Award. Members of the GW community were encouraged to submit nominations for students, faculty, and/or staff members who have made exceptional contributions to advance the university towards realization of the following objectives:
- Utilization of the university's historical, geographical, and functional relationship to the nation’s capital and the Washington, DC community;
- Enhancement and development of students' abilities;
- Provision of superior instruction and academic facilities;
- Provision of a balanced program of student extracurricular activities;
- Demonstration of exceptional competence, integrity, and goodwill in the performance of university responsibilities.
The 2015 George Washington Award recipients were recognized during Commencement exercises on Sunday, May 17, 2015.
Avra Bossov, CCAS '15
Ms. Bossov, a 2015 alumna with a Bachelor's of Arts degree from the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, finishes a year of service as the executive vice president of the Student Association. She has also donated her time to the local community as a brother of Alpha Phi Omega.
Heidi Bardot, Director of the Art Therapy Program and Assistant Professor of Art Therapy
An alumna with a Master’s of Arts degree and director of the university’s art therapy program. Under her leadership, the program has expanded to over 100 internship sites in the community and gained an international focus. She has won Advisor of the Year and given GW’s art therapy program national recognition.
Catherine Chandler, Program Officer, University Honors Program
During her more than 10 years at GW, she has supported students, guiding them through difficult situations, and has become a reliable and constant resource.
For more details, contact the Division of Student Affairs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.