- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
The George Washington Award
The Joint Committee of Faculty and Students accepts nominations for the annual George Washington Award. Members of the GW community are encouraged to submit names of individuals who have made exceptional contributions to advance the university towards realization of the following objectives:
- Utilization of the university's historical, geographical, and functional relationship to the nation’s capital and the Washington, DC community;
- Enhancement and development of students' abilities;
- Provision of superior instruction and academic facilities;
- Provision of a balanced program of student extracurricular activities;
- Demonstration of exceptional competence, integrity, and goodwill in the performance of university responsibilities.
A student, professor and staff member were honored for winning the George Washington Award during the Commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 19, 2013.
- Joshua D’Angelo, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program in the School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Charles K. Barber, Deputy General Counsel
- Edward J. Cherian, Professor of Information Systems and Technology Management