- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Do you know a student who could use extra support? Please use the CARE Network Report form.
At GW, we aim to create a Colonial community that cares for one another. From the moment students arrive on campus, they begin to find their place at the university. The college experience can often be challenging, and asking for help can be difficult. The CARE Network reaches out to offer support so that students can be as successful as possible through graduation.
The CARE Network is a cross-departmental support system which recognizes that student concerns are often multi-faceted. Students are connected to resources through inter-departmental collaboration to provide them with appropriate and personalized outreach.
Students, parents, faculty and staff can identify students that may need additional support through an online form. Based on the type of support needed, a student is connected to a trained staff member who works with them one-on-one for as long as they may need the help.
Challenges are part of the college experience; through the CARE Network, students are given the support they need to persist and succeed at GW and beyond.
Current members of the CARE Network include representatives from the following offices:
- Academic Advising Offices
- Center for Student Engagement
- Colonial Health Center
- Mental Health Services
- Medical Services
- Health Promotion and Prevention Services
- Disability Support Services
- Diversity and Inclusion - Title IX Office
- GW Housing
- Multicultural Student Services Center
- International Services Office
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center
- Office of Academic Support for Student Athletes
- Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Colonial Central