The George Washington University
Your future starts here
As you embark on this new journey, we are excited to share this year’s orientation theme with you! Empowering Community: Reflection & Resilience offers a framework for every new student to begin their college experience with a necessary perspective to successfully transition into the GW community. While resilience can often be seen as bouncing back from challenges, we will explore the ways resilience can also offer profound personal perspective and growth.
To dive deeper into our theme, we have chosen New York Times Bestseller, The Power of Regret by Daniel Pink. This book explores how regret, our most misunderstood emotion, can be the pathway to our best life. Every new student will receive a copy of this book and are strongly encouraged to read it before move-in.
We look forward to engaging with you and our community about the ways every student will be empowered to build capacity for resilience within a safe learning environment.
I look forward to seeing you on campus!
Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
New Student A-Z Resource List
- Activate your UserID
- Please be sure to claim and activate your GW UserID/email address in order to access your GW email, Blackboard, and other university technology services.
- Campus Recreation
- Campus Maps
- Campus Shuttles
- Class Registration
- Disability Support Services
- GW Libraries
- First Year Housing Application
- Housing Accommodations
- Residency Requirement and Exemption Process
- Find a roommate through RoomSync
- Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Student Health Center